Since we are all spring cleaning in fits of freshening our home after a long cold winter, I thought I would share some of my favorite things to inspire your spring cleaning.
1. My favorite organizing resource- Martha Stewarts Organizing Magazine, or should I say book. This thing is hefty and full of so much eye candy. If you flip through here and still don’t get inspired, well you must really hate organizing.
2.Grey Storage Boxes from the Container Store- Putting away all of those winter items is hard without the right tools. Keep those cashmere sweaters and wool jackets clean and safe in these boxes. (PS: they are on sale right now!)
3. My favorite thing for cleaning my kitchen is my Envirocloth from Norwex. No sprays or cleaners needed here and it really cuts any grime. Really…I promise.
4. Cleaning is much more pleasant when it smells good. I cannot stand cleaners that give you a headache. Meyer’s Geranium Cleaners smell amazing. You can only find the Geranium scent online (target carries the others) and it is worth paying the shipping because it is such a breath of fresh air in your home.
5. I often like to treat myself to a few new dish towels in the spring. It adds a bit of brightness and it gives you a reason to get rid of a couple that are torn and tattered. This one is from Anthropologie if you wanting to splurge for some fun spring color.
6. You need to have a good spray bottle to mix your vinegar in, if you are using vinegar to clean. I love using it this time of year. It is so inexpensive and really does the job. Find a complete list of ways to clean with vinegar HERE.
8. After going through all your print materials like magazines, newspapers, and catalogues you will need a cute spot to corral the ones you decided were worth the cut. This cute little guy is made from recycled newspapers and is from Pier One.
There you go, some of my favorite things to freshen and organize your home. Hope I took some of the dread out of your spring cleaning routine.