One week until the 4th of July!
Here are some fantastic and yummy ways to show your stars and stripes this Fourth of July.
these pretty cheesecake shots from The Hostess with the Mostess Blog, would make any patriotic gathering a little sweeter. Find the recipe here.
Cake balls are still all the rage! This American flag display is such a clever way to show your patriotic spirit. Here.
I adore this red white and blue cake. I am wondering how hard it would be to make?! Looks moist and tasty. Find directions here.
Beautiful and mouth-watering.
Here are some things you should know about displaying our American Flag. I am sure most of you know these, but I wasn’t quite sure of all of the etiquette since this will be the first year we hang a flag on our house. So, I looked it up.
1. Never let the flag touch the ground.
2. Do not display flag in inclimate weather.
3. Make sure the canton of stars is displayed at the upper left hand side. This true whether you hang it vertically or horizontally.
4. When a flag is displayed at an angle hanging from a staff, the canton of stars should always be at the peak of the staff.
5. Never display a flag that is worn, torn of damaged.
6. It is customary to display the flag from sunlight to sunset, unless flag is appropriately lit at night. This seems to be open for discussion and debate online.. These days, people leave their flags out all night during patriotic times. Use your judgement for your neighborhood. I personally don’t want to offend anyone, so I am going to wait and see what the other peers on the street do and then make my decision.
Those were six things I found of interest on our lovely stars and stripes. Do you have any others to offer before I hang mine up for the next week?