By now everyones gardens are in full swing and we all have zuchini coming out of our ears!
I love zuchini, but I must say that once it starts coming by the bushelful I get a bit tired of eating zuchini bread. Here are some more interesting ideas to do with your crop of zuchini this year.
1. Zuchini Pizza- Ok, this looks AMAZING! I mean, really take a junk food and make it a little healthy, YES! Find it on Everyday Reading. She had an assortment of vegetarian recipes as well!
2. Zuchini Cups. Kaylyn’s Kitchen is one of the fullest low carb eating sites I have found and all of her recipes are tasty. These stuffed zuchini cups are mouthwatering!
3. Zuchini Fries. Again, taking a junk food basic and making it healthier. This is a step by step tutorial on how to make tasty fries out of zuchini. MMMMmmmm. Found on The Lean Green Bean Blog.
4. Zuchini Pasta. There is no questioning the health factor of this recipe. Pasta made from Zuchini? Can’t get healthier than that! Recipe from The Whole Living Network.
5. Zuchini Panacakes. OMG… I WILL be trying this one for my boys. Hiding veggies in things covered in syrup is very very sneaky. Imagine me saying that in the butler vioce from Mr. Deeds. Recipe is from Skinny Taste.
7. Zuchini Pie. I love a good savory pie. This one resembles a quiche like substance. I can’t wait to give this one a shot too for my coffee mornings with my mommie friends. From Tasty Kitchen.
8. Greek Zuchini Fritters. I looooove greek food. These fritters made from zuchini look really tasty. In fact, I may make them tonight! Find it on Serious Eats.
9. Lemon Zuchini Loaf. This looks like an amazing twist on zuchini bread. Like I said, I get sick of making the same ol’ zuchini bread all the time. I have my favorite recipe (find that here), but sometimes it is good to change it up. This Lemon twist on zuchini bread is one I cannot wait to try. Found on Nancy Creative.
10. Zuchini Tian. This yummy side dish looks cheesy and gooey and yummy. Three things I like! The recipe is one I have made a couple of times and I go back to it often. Head over to Albion Cooks and give it a shot!
I hope these ideas help you use up all of those wonderful zuchinis in your garden. If not, you can always shred it up and freeze it. I like to freeze it in two cup portions which is the perfect size for making zuchini bread. Just pull it out and thaw. Then you are ready to whip up a batch of garden fresh (almost) zuchini bread even in the middle of winter.
PS: Go like me on facebook if you haven’t already. Once I reach 100 on facebook I will be hosting a super fun giveaway from some great vendors!