I love felt. I must be honest, I don’t use it as much as I should. It is a wonderful fabric for projects. It is cheap (usually 25 cents per sheet) and easy to work with.
Here are 10 things to do with felt.
1. Felt Board for Play- Busy Budgetting Mama has a complete tutorial on how to make your children their own felt board. I am currently working on one for my boys and it is so much fun creating all of the fun pieces! See her tutorial HERE.
2. Felt Flowers- How about a cute little centerpiece for your table, or even better for your child’s table. Wouldn’t this be cute for a tea party? A complete tutorial on how to make it is on Creative Jewish Mom. Easy to follow and great results. Go HERE.
3. Felt Barrettes- Any girl would love to have these in her hair. you could make them to go with every outfit they have! How fun would that be? I think I may need some to go with a few of my fun outfits! Nothing wrong with a little whimsy. Tutorial HERE on the Purl Bee.
4. Felt foliage How fun is this felt frond of leaves. It could be used winter or summer. Adorn your mantle with it in the winter with some pretty trees sitting on top of it, or in the summer with pretty flowers in a vase. So pretty. Found HERE.
5. Felt Garland - I love the look of this heart garland made out of felt hearts. So sweet. I want to hang one of these at Valentines in our kitchen. So sweet and easy. HERE on A Lady’s Findings.
6. Felt Rug- Are you kidding me right now?! This is adorable! I would love this in a nursery or as a photo prop for baby pictures. You could even make a small version for a doll house or for your child’s play area. The possibilities! Man! Looks a bit complicated but Chic Cheap Nursery has step by step instructions. Go find it HERE.
7. Felt Food- I have, in fact, attempted to make felt food for my boy’s play kitchen and it turned out adorable. They love it! If you have a play kitchen you should definitely make some. It is easy, inexpensive and much cuter than the plastic stuff. Tutorial for pancakes and eggs HERE.
8. Felt Wreath- Felt is the perfect fabric for embellishing a wreath. It is so cheap so you can cover a lot of space. It is really workable too. I love the look of this wreath by Something for the Road Blog. Check it out HERE.
9. Felt Party Hat- Any party girl or boy would feel more festive in a custom made party had by mommy or an auntie! I think this looks pretty simple. I may have to keep this one in my back pocket! See it HERE.
10. Felt Tree Skirt- My mother made me a beautiful tree skirt last year right before Christmas. It is something I am going to cherish forever! I think she had so much fun making the little pieces for it. Source for this one HERE.
There ya have it… 10, count them 10, fun things to do with felt. Now go spend a wopping $5 on some felt and create something adorable. If you do, I would love to hear about it!